Legend has it that the Maples Inn was built by a Russian diplomat as a summer retreat for his family, back when Bar Harbor was still “Eden” and before the founding of Acadia National Park.
The Maples is a “Painted Lady” Victorian, embellished in shades of pale yellow, slate blue, cranberry, and gold. She is maintained today as she was in her heyday at the turn of the 20th century…only now she offers new and modern amenities.
Our Bar Harbor B&B is as lovely and inviting on the inside, featuring art and antiques around every corner, and comfortable and enchanting spaces for conviviality, relaxation, conversation, solitude, and enjoyment.
Our guests are invited to:
- Unwind in a rocking chair on the front porch, the perfect spot for conversation, a good book, or even an afternoon nap!
- Sample complimentary treats and snacks with gourmet teas and coffees in the front hall.
- Enjoy a game of cards or checkers in the inn’s Library.
- Savor breakfast in our sunny dining room or, in warm weather, dine al fresco on the front porch among flowers and ferns.
- Help yourself to complimentary fruit, granola bars, and Mount Desert Spring Water of Maine to take with you on the trail.
- Chat with Your Hosts about Bar Harbor, Acadia National Park, and Mount Desert Island (we are always happy to share our recommendations for things to do and see).